Safe in employment law with CheckYourRight
You have received the notice or received a warning? Do you have questions about your employment contract?
The co-operation lawyers of CheckdeinRecht are experts in the field of labor law and work for you against termination or warning, obtain for you a reasonable compensation or an adequate certificate of employment.
Your employment contract with CheckYourRight
Unfortunately, the trouble often starts with the employment contract. Under no circumstances should you sign this unread. Stumbling blocks can exist that cause you problems later. Checking your right helps you to know and to respect your employment law.
On the following points you should pay attention to your employment contract:
- Detailed job description and definition: here you should emphasize that your job and your tasks are described exactly. The more inaccurate they are formulated, the faster the employer can interpret them in their favor and expect, for example, overtime. Also, you could be moved against your will in a completely different field of work.
- Trial period and limited employment: Again, precise formulations are helpful in case of dispute. A probationary period may not last longer than six months and if you should only be employed for a certain time, this time limit must also clearly be defined in the contract.
Protection against dismissal with CheckYourRight
One of the most common issues in labor law concerns dismissals. Only a few employees check whether they are covered by dismissal protection. For a dismissal protection suit the following conditions must be met:
- The company in which you are employed must have more than 10 employees.
- You must be permanently employed for more than 6 months.
But do not wait too long. If you have not responded within 3 weeks after receipt of the written notice, this is valid.
You should also make sure that the notice period has been adhered to. This depends on contractual agreements, but also on legal requirements. As a rule, the following notice periods apply: For a duration of employment of
- 0 to 6 months: 2 weeks to any day
- 7 months to 2 years: 4 weeks (not one month!) On the 15th or the end of the calendar month
- 2 years: 1 month at the end of the calendar month (always valid from here)
- 5 years: 2 months
- 8 years: 3 months
- 10 years: 4 months
- 12 years: 5 months
- 15 years: 6 months
- 20 years: 7 months
Compensation with CheckdeinRecht
Sometimes the termination is even convenient, so you do not want to defend against it. But then it can make sense to have your chances for a compensation examined by the cooperation lawyers of CheckYourRight.
In employment law, it is clearly required that you have been employed by your employer for at least 6 months in order to have a prospect of receiving it.
CheckYourRight helps you in all areas of employment law – take the chance to get your free first check!
It should become the longed-for dream vacation for Ulrike and Jürgen K. The married couple is financially not straight on…
Under the new Basic Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO), which entered into force in May this year, workers may be entitled…
Pilots and flight attendants of the low-cost airline complain about similar behaviors as Ryanair passengers. The employees of Ryanair are…